Last month, E3 announced a few details for the Xbox Live Summer of Arcade games we could expect to see this summer, only one of which am I visibly excited for. While we have been in the dark over the last few weeks as to when we could get our grubby little paws on some of these titles, our long, dark tea-time of the soul finally has an expiration date set. Release dates and pricing have just been announced for this year’s Summer of Arcade titles.
All Summer of Arcade titles will go for 1200 MSP ($15) each. There are some incentives for purchasing more than one title, if you’re on the fence about some of the games. Purchase 3-4 of the Summer of Arcade titles, and you will receive 400 MSP back. Purchase all five Summer of Arcade titles and you will receive 1200 MSP back, which comes out to a buy-four-get-one-free kind of deal. If you’re going to buy all five anyway, this is great news. If you’re only planning on buying one game (like me - although Limbo may find it’s way into my hands as well), it’s hardly worth the extra expense to get the incentive, but it’s still an appreciated gesture nonetheless.
And now, the details:
- Limbo - 7/21 - Explore a unique and puzzling world to discover your sister’s fate.
- Hydro Thunder Hurricane - 7/28 - Race over LIVE for wave supremacy in the sequel to the classic arcade racer.
- Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - 8/04 - Dracula takes a bite out of Xbox Live arcade with “Castlevania: Harmony of Despair.”
- Monday Night Combat - 8/11 - “Monday Night Combat” takes you into the most popular lethal sport of the future.
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - 8/18 - Check out Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light if adventure, exploration, and combat are what you crave!
The audacity they have in making me wait almost a full month for Castlevania is simply appalling.